Sky has agreed a new five-year broadcast deal with the NFL which sees the launch of a channel dedicated to the league.
Sky Sports NFL will be the first time that the league has partnered with an international broadcaster for a channel dedicated to the sport.
The new season kicks off on September 10th with the new channel launching a week prior. The first game of the season is between Super Bowl winners Kansas City Chiefs and the Houston Texans.
The new deal provides the following for viewers:
- Minimum of five live games each week
- First-pick exclusive game on Sky Sports NFL in the 6pm and 9pm slot every Sunday
- Every Thursday Night, Sunday Night and Monday Night Football
- NFL RedZone
- Every minute of every playoff game, Pro Bowl and Super Bowl live
- Flagship programming from NFL Network, including the popular Good Morning Football and Total Access shows
- Award-winning documentaries and other content from NFL Films and NBC Sports
- Brand new weekly shows to review the action and discuss the stories of the league, including original Sky Sports programming
Picture credit: Chris Rubino / Shutterstock.com