The kids with a 21st century sensibility.
1. There is an 80% chance they will have written to a professional football club about a managerial vacancy outlining their Football Manager achievements as their credentials
2. Unlike every generation before them, they just assume that the Irish rugby team will win more games than they'll lose
3. The name 'Rod Liddle' only means anything to them in so far as he's apparently the guy who left his wife for a young one
4. At some point in their lives they will say the sentence, 'Ciaran Whelan would be brilliant for thirty minutes, then he'd go missing for the rest of the game'
5. They believe that Munster and Leinster is an ancient rivalry that has always brought the country to a standstill
6. Any clips they see of any All-Ireland final before 1998 will be seen on Reeling on the Years
7. 'Italian football/Scottish football/international football is shit'
8. Whenever they catch sight of old rugby clips from the 80s late at night on TnaG they find the whole spectacle faintly amusing
Particularly the lineouts.
9. Their fathers regard John Giles as a peerless font of wisdom on all things football. They regard him as an old guy who doesn't know foreigners names and would be as well moving on
10. First Row Sports/Vipleague/Vipbox/Wiziwig (RIP) is where they watch their live sport
11. They have Sky Sports News on the telly the way Wall Street traders have Bloomberg on
12. Jim White and assorted bullshit
13. They recall a time when Arsene Wenger was universally lauded and it makes them feel old
14. They or a friend of theirs will have called Joe Brolly bollocks via one forum or another
15. One lad in their class took the confirmation name 'Ronaldo'
Read also: 16 Classic Traits Of A Sports Fan Who Grew Up In The 90s
See also: 15 Classic Traits Of A Sports Fan Who Grew Up In The 80s
See also: 15 Classic Traits Of A Sports Fan Who Grew Up In The 70s
See also: 18 Signs You're A Sports Fan Who Grew Up In The 1920s