• Home
  • /
  • Football
  • /
  • Aston VIlla React To Rumours Of Roy Keane Bust-Up With Player

Aston VIlla React To Rumours Of Roy Keane Bust-Up With Player

Aston VIlla React To Rumours Of Roy Keane Bust-Up With Player
By Conor Neville

Aston Villa have swiftly rejected rumours that Roy Keane left the club after a bust-up with a senior player at training.

Sky Sports News reporter Pete Colley says the club totally refute the suggestion that there was any sort of bust-up.

 

The rumours that came out straight away were that there had been a bust-up in training yesterday with a senior player. The club totally refutes that suggestion, but these rumours emanated within about half an hour of this statement coming out so you read into that what you will.

According to the club and manager, the reasons for Keane's departure are as he outlined this morning, the difficulties combining his role at Villa with his role as Ireland's assistant. Lambert said he understood the decision.

Roy came to me this morning and he informed me that, ultimately, the difficulty of combining both roles has prompted his decision, which I respect totally.

Darren Bent insisted that Keane had gotten on well with all the players.

 

Advertisement
Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now!

Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com

Advertisement