• Home
  • /
  • Football
  • /
  • Report: Coutinho To Be First Barca Casualty Of Champions League Fallout

Report: Coutinho To Be First Barca Casualty Of Champions League Fallout

Report: Coutinho To Be First Barca Casualty Of Champions League Fallout
By PJ Browne Updated

Barcelona will look to offload Philippe Coutinho this summer, just 15 months after he was signed for a club record fee from Liverpool.

ESPN reports that Barcelona's coaching staff are unhappy with the Brazilian's performances this season. That is a belief which grew stronger following disappointing showings in both Champions League semi-final legs against his former club. The 26-year-old was substituted on the hour mark in the games.

The La Liga side signed Coutinho from Liverpool in January of last year for €160 million following a prolonged chase. This season, between league and Europe, he has made 45 appearances, scoring five times and providing five assists.

"Coutinho is not a Barcelona player, that's been made clear," a source told ESPN. It was also said, "he has added nothing. He will leave in the summer."

Spanish media heavily criticised Barcelona on Wednesday, calling the previous night's collapse, "The Greatest Embarrassment In History".

Picture credit: Shutterstock.com

Watch: Tearful Pochettino Thanks His Players For Making All Of This Possible

Advertisement
Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now!

Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com

Advertisement