• Home
  • /
  • Football
  • /
  • Carragher Eviscerates Everton's Board For 'Throwing Fans Under The Bus'

Carragher Eviscerates Everton's Board For 'Throwing Fans Under The Bus'

Carragher Eviscerates Everton's Board For 'Throwing Fans Under The Bus'
By Colman Stanley Updated
Share this article

Jamie Carragher has weighed in on the ongoing crisis at Everton, following the inevitable sacking of Frank Lampard.

The Merseyside native went as far as to call Everton 'the worst run club in the country', and was particularly critical over a a club statement which was released following alleged threats to board members.

The other thing I want to get to is what happened last week at Goodison. There was a protest that everyone knew about, that was going to happen on the back of the Southampton game, it was going to be at the end of the game.

Everton's board put out a statement saying they've been threatened, and I'm not denying that, and if that is true that is bang out of order.

But, for me, I think Everton's board or at least somebody should have been at that game, and that statement they put out as a football club, I thought was bang out of order.

It felt to me that they demonised the whole fan base, and again I'm not saying they're telling lies in terms of threats, but that comes with the name of the game.

What I would say is that they through the whole fan base under the bus, and you don't do that especially in the city where we're from. In Liverpool you back your own.

Jamie Carragher Goes In Hard On Everton Board

Advertisement

READ HERE: It's 14 Years Since Everton Spent The Smartest 60 Grand In Premier League History

You can read the club statement below:

Recommended

"Everton’s Board of Directors have been instructed not to attend today’s Premier League fixture against Southampton because of a “real and credible threat to their safety and security".

Advertisement

Chairman Bill Kenwright, CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale, Chief Finance & Strategy Officer Grant Ingles and Non-Executive Director Graeme Sharp have reluctantly accepted the outcome of the safety assessment carried out by security advisors.

The Board members received the instruction following malicious and unacceptably threatening correspondence received by the Club and increasing incidents of anti-social behaviour – including targeted physical aggression - at recent home matches.

A Security & Safety Advisor said: “Following a thorough risk assessment, and in response to tangible threats received by the Club and intelligence we have gathered, the Club’s Board members have been told they must not attend today’s fixture.”

Advertisement

A Club spokesperson added: “This is an unprecedented decision for Everton Football Club – never before has our entire Board of Directors been ordered not to attend a match on safety grounds. It is a profoundly sad day for Everton and Evertonians.”

SEE ALSO: Rio Ferdinand Has Growing Concerns About Glaring Holes In Antony's Game

Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now!

Share this article

Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com

Advertisement