• Home
  • /
  • Football
  • /
  • Giovanni Trapattoni Says He Narrowly Escaped Terrorist Attack

Giovanni Trapattoni Says He Narrowly Escaped Terrorist Attack

Giovanni Trapattoni Says He Narrowly Escaped Terrorist Attack
By Donny Mahoney

A strange and confusing story has reached us from Italy, via the Irish Sun. It comes via our old friend Giovanni Trapattoni, who celebrates his 77th birthday today.

You may have heard of the Al Qaeda attack on the Grand Bassam hotel in the Ivory Coast last week, where 18 people were killed. Well according to Italian media reports, Trap is claiming he was supposed to be at the hotel at the time of the massacre in order to finally sign on the dotted linne as Ivory Coast manager.

"Last week, I was supposed to leave for the Ivory Coast, where they would have me take over their national side.

"A year-long contract and an amazing place to live.

“I believe it was at that luxury resort where those animals arrived by boat from the sea and used the excuse of a religious war to carry out a massacre.”

Trap is one of about 60 people who have been considered for the long vacant Ivory Coast job. Trap did not have many details about why he wasn't at the hotel, or why he won't be taking the job, though he has revealed the incident has made him rethink working in international management again.

“Now I know that it’s no longer time to go off travelling the world,” he said.

Advertisement

Happy birthday, Trap

Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now!

Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com

Advertisement