It is Ian Harte's Birthday.
That is cause to revel in what the genius acheived. Therefore, we've put together a few examples which detail why Ian Harte is actually the greatest left-footed player of our generation.
1. Messi never scored a free kick like this
Poor Mart Poom didn't know where to look.
2. He's never scored a free kick against Israel either
Pick that one out!
3. Even Luis Figo knelt before Harte
A true sign of his greatness.
4. I'd put my house on Lionel Messi never winning Bournemouth's Goal Celebration of the Year
Ian Harte's left foot is still the only left foot which got so hot that it had to be put on ice.
4. Has Messi ever scored in the same World Cup qualifier match as his uncle? I think not!
First Ian does the business.
And then Gary steps up to the mark. The glory days of when beating Cyrpus was a given.
6. Ian Harte was selfless
He knew when a situation called for Gary Doherty and he wasn't afraid to sacrifice himself.
7. He also falls with such grace
Like a ballet dancer caught in a draft.
8. There's also this
So comfortable in his own skin
9. I can't remember Lionel Messi scoring a penalty against Iran to send Argentina to the World Cup
'What about his penalty against Spain?' Sorry, what was that? Didn't quite catch what you asked there. Anyhow, moving on...
10. Has Messi scored frees against both Man United and Arsenal?
The best left-footed free taker in living memory?
11. Or connected with a diving header so perfectly?
Ian Harte once punctured a ball with his head. True story.
12. Or won a the Monaco Grand Prix while driving a golf buggy?
With Steve Staunton adding extra weight...
13. Harte wasn't half bad on his right foot either
Loves scoring against Derby County, he does.