An amazing new feature here on Balls, where we dig up the classic moments from years gone by. Too often we ignore the Kevin Maggs and Bernie Slavens of this world and get caught up what the latest sport-star falling foul of the social media rules. It's time to go back to basics and delve deep into the bowels of sport and bring you the type of quality that would make the newly refurbished Terry Phelan Hall of Fame.
We put forward the person, goal, event and you decide... get voting.
First up we have Anthony Yeboah, the man from Ghana who spent 18 months defying physics in the premier league.
- 33 goals in 62 appearances for Leeds - 32 of them volleys from within his own half
- Still has a group of loyal Eintracht Frankfurt fans who call themselves "Yeboah's witnesses"
- Changed his date of birth is his passport back two years to appear older and play senior footballer earlier.
- He fell out with both George Graham and Jupp Heynckes leaving Leeds and Frankfurt respectively
- Was caught up in an interesting sex scandal involving Peter Ndlovu where the sentence “When a man insults my country, I insult him by taking his woman“ were reportedly uttered.
- Unrelated to his footballing exploits Yeboah has silently dealt with years of predictive text issues surrounding his surname which comes up as Deborah. If nothing from 1 to 5 makes you feel like his place is warranted, surely this will.
The video evidence
The vote - should he be first in the door of the Terry Phelan Hall of Fame?