On the FoxesTalk forum yesterday, poster estos asked the following question to the Leicester faithful: "After noticing that Roy Keane is now 3/1 with paddy power to get the Leicester job. I thought I would ask you all a question. Why do you all seem to hate the man. I know he hasn't been the best manager since the great job he did when he took over Sunderland. But why the hatred ???"
Here's a sampling of the answers he received:
- "Because he is a lunatic, violent, aggressive, mentalist and one if the biggest cnuts to have ever played the sport."
- "Deliberately injuring a player and bragging about it in his book. Tosser"
- "The bubble of illusion that because 'he was a great player, he would be a great manager' soon burst. I don't hate him, I just don't rate him as a manager."
- "Do we really need to go through this again? Hes an obnoxious, arrogant cretin who was a wanker when he played football, and remains a wanker now hes a "manager".''
- ''If you think attendances we're bad under Sven wait until what would happen under this guy.''
- ''Don't rate him as a manager and HATE him as a bloke.''
- "I'd rather have Kim Jong Il."
- "he's a twat"
- ''You can always tell when he thinks the world is against him because he grows a massive beard. Very moody and not the sort of guy that builds team spirit. Could start a fight in a phone box."
- "I'm starting to get that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Not quite in the maclaren or robson shudder but I work with a lot of mackems and they went from hero worship to get rid very quickly"
And that's only the first page. There's 11 more pages of vitriol. Our advice, Roy: wait until after the playoff with Estonia before making your mind up.