Not Even A Broken Jaw Could Stop Kieran Tierney From Celebrating Celtic's Cup Win

Not Even A Broken Jaw Could Stop Kieran Tierney From Celebrating Celtic's Cup Win

The Scottish Cup final was short-lived for Celtic's Kieran Tierney.

The left back collided with Jayden Stockley's elbow and immediately put his hands to his mouth during the game. He underwent treatment and was subsequently taken off after just twenty minutes. Initial reports suggested he had lost some teeth, but Brendan Rodgers confirmed that it was instead a fractured jaw.

He had already been on the pitch for the opening two goals of the game. So presumably, he'd miss the rest on his way to a hospital. But that was not going to happen.

According to the Evening Times, not even sitting in a Glasgow A&E was going to prevent Tierney from heading back to Hampden:

Given strong painkillers, Tierney was driven back to the national stadium just as Tom Rogic had scored the winning goal.

As Aberdeen fans poured out of the exits and flooded the car park and roads surrounding Hampden, police refused to allow Tierney, accompanied by a member of Celtic’s medical staff, to drive through believing it was too dangerous given the number of surrounding pedestrians.

Tierney left the vehicle on foot and hoofed it back through the crowds, still in boots and full Celtic kit. He was there when the Cup was handed out.

This may be the only acceptable time to wear a full kit in public. Hopefully, someone somewhere got a recording of Tierney legging it through the masses.


Because the casual thing to do when your jaw is broken is to discharge yourself from the hospital. Rogic's dramatic winner ensured a domestic treble and an unbeaten season. Not bad for Brendan Rodgers's first season in Scotland.

Tierney's act of defiance may not have been the wisest, but it'll only endear him further to the green half of Glasgow.

SEE ALSO: Amazing Scenes As Henrik Larsson Bags 1st Half Hat-Trick On Return To Celtic Park

David Kent

You may also like