The reasons why Crystal Palace have dropped Malky Mackay as a potential manager have been revealed. It was reported today that Cardiff City had sent a dossier to the FA leading to Crystal Palace dropping their quest to make Mackay their new manager. Now the Daily Mail are reporting that they have uncovered the contents of that dossier.
Mackay and current Crystal Palace director of football (and former Cardiff employee) Iain Moody are being investigated for a series of text messages they exchanged while working together at Cardiff City.
The text were gathered after Cardiff City's lawyers obtained a search order for Mackay's home, in the process collecting phones and work computers.
This discovery was made by Matt Lawton in the Daily Mail. He gave a flavour of some of the texts exchanged between Mackay and Moody.
- Referring to South Korean players as 'fkn chinkys' and observing that there are 'enough dogs to go around in Cardiff'
- Referring to a French player as an 'independently minded young homo'
- Referring to the Israeli club Maccabi Haifa simply as 'the Jews' and making an anti-semitic comment about a Jewish football agent.
- Joking about a game called 'Black Monopoly' where every square says 'Go to Jail'
- Making a disparaging reference about a player on account of him being Nigerian
- Asking a young player with a female agent whether he'd 'like a bounce off her falsies'
It is understood that Mackay dropped his wrongful dismissal claim against Cardiff when he learned this material had come into their possession.