Rumours continue to swirl around about Roy Keane's exit from Aston Villa. Yesterday, the Sunday People reported that the Aston Villa dressing room reacted jubilantly when news of Keane's departure filtered through to them.
And now the Daily Mail and Sky are reporting that Keane had a training ground bust-up with a couple of senior Aston Villa players. The club had already been moved to deny the rumours last Friday.
Last Thursday, a row broke out during the training session and continued on after the session had finished. Keane and Lambert discussed the matter later that day and came to an amicable agreement that Keane should leave.
The Mail say that relations between Keane and the players had been strained for a while with Keane frustrated over what he perceived as the lack of intensity at training.
The only Villa player to speak to the media on the issue since it broke is currently on loan out at Brighton. Darren Bent praised Keane's impact on the club, his propensity to 'speak the truth' to players and said the players would be sorry to see him go.
Bent said he 'couldn't speak highly enough' of Keane and his training sessions.