This is very interesting.
You regularly see lists about Football Manager such as the "top 10 young talents", but they are always about the players. For a game that predicts such a ridiculous amount of detail in the future of football as you advance through the seasons, we've never seen much focus on the managers.
Now, we did mention that Glen Whelan was the assistant manager at Real Salt Lake when we showed you how football looks in the year 2021, but The Mirror have commissioned the guys at Sports Interactive to reveal the 20 best young managers in the World according to their game.
The only criteria is that the manager must be under 45 years of age. Here are the results:
20. Aitor Karanka (Middlesbrough)
19. Garry Monk (Swansea)
18. Eduardo Berizzo (Celta Vigo)
17. Marcelo Gallardo (River Plate)
16. Mauricio Pochettino (Tottenham)
15. Nuno Espirito Santo (Valencia)
14. Paco Jemez (Rayo Vallecano)
13. Leonid Slutsky (CSKA Moscow)
12. Markus Weinzierl (Augsburg)
11. Roberto Martinez (Everton)
10. Paul Clement (Derby)
9. Andre Villas-Boas (Zenit St Petersburg)
8. Thomas Tuchel (Dortmund)
7. Frank De Boer (Ajax)
6. Luis Enrique (Barcelona)
5. Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool)
4. Vincenzo Montella (Unemployed)
3. Unai Emery (Sevilla)
2. Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid)
1. Pep Guardiola (Bayern Munich)
A predictable top 3, but fair play to Vincenzo Montella for making the top five without even having a job at the moment. Brendan Rodgers will be delighted with his top five placing too ahead of Luis Enrique and Frank De Boer.
Of course, this all means very little but it's fun to rate these guys based on the most addicting game of all time. Also, if you are playing FM 2015, try and nab one of these guys as your assistant.
via The Mirror.