The Saudi Pro League has been the talk of the footballing world this year, with many household players and managers deciding to uproot to the Saudi League for big money moves.
This summer transfer window has seen the rise of the Saudi Pro League as a number-one spot destination for Europe's biggest stars.
The Saudi League backed by the $620 billion Public Investment Fund (PIF) has taken the transfer window by storm.
We have a list of all the done deals so far and rumoured Saudi transfers we could potentially see before the transfer deadline day.
When is the Saudi Arabia Pro League transfer deadline day?
Saudi Pro League club sides can sign players up until September 20th. The deadline for most of Europe's top-flight leagues, including the Premier League for clubs to sign new players is September 1st.
The transfer window officially closes on that day for Premier League teams to sign players, however, it doesn't stop players from leaving their club side in the Premier League and joining a team where their transfer window is still open.
Liverpool's manager Jurgen Klopp spoke out about his worries about the Saudo Pro League's transfer window staying open 20 days longer as he fears teams will lose more players to the Saudi League, without the ability to replace them.
Klopp has already lost two prolific midfield players to the Saudi Pro League this transfer window, Club captain Jordan Henderson left the Reds in favour of joining Al-Ettifaq, and Brazilian Fabinho left Liverpool last week to join Al Ittihad.
Liverpool's tallies man Mo Salah has been the subject of serious interest from Saudi club side Al Ittihad, who are desperate to bring the Egyptian King to the Saudi Pro League. However, Jurgen Klopp and a few of Salah's teammates have insisted Salah isn't leaving Merseyside any time soon.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) September 3, 2023
Saudi Transfers - Latest News
The latest high-profile player to switch out from playing in European League for the Saudi Pro League is Neymar Jr. Neymar is set to join Saudi club side Al-Hilal on a two-year deal after PSG received a fee close to €100million for the Brazilian superstar.
Neymar will wear his famous no.10 shirt for his new side and is expected to be unveiled as a player at the end of the week.
Saudi Pro League Done Deals
All money values are exchanged to Euros.
|Player||Original Team||Saudi Arabia Team||Transfer Fee||Contract Value|
|Karim Benzema||Real Madrid||Al Ittihad||Free transfer||€400million|
|N'Golo Kante||Chelsea||Al Ittihad||Free transfer||€344milliion|
|João Pedro Neves Filipe (Jota)||Celtic||Al Ittihad||€29million||€36million|
|Neymar||PSG||Al-Hilal||€100million||€150million per year|
|Sergej Milinković Savić||Lazio||Al-Hilal||€40million||€60million|
|Edouard Mendy||Chelsea||Al Ahli||€18.6million||Not Disclosed|
|Roberto Firmino||Liverpool||Al Ahli||Free Transfer||€60million|
|Riyad Mahrez||Manchester City||Al Ahli||€35million||€90million|
|Allan Saint-Maximin||Newcastle||Al Ahli||€27milion||N/A|
|Franck Kessié||Barcelona||Al Ahli||€15million||N/A|
|Marcelo Brozovic||Inter Milan||Al Nassr||€18million||€75million|
|Alex Telles||Manchester United||Al Nassr||€3.5million||€12million|
|Sadio Mane||Bayern Munich||Al Nassr||€35million||€40million|
|Phillipe Couthino||Aston Villa||Al Duhail||Loan move||N/A|
Coaches Who Have Joined Saudi Arabia's Pro League
Steven Gerrard to Al Ettifaq
- The former England and Liverpool player, who formerly managed Rangers and Aston Villa has now taking up position as manager for Al Ettifaq.
Jorge Jesus to Al Hilal
- Ex-Benfica manager Jorge Jesus has joined Al Hilal on a one-year deal.
Robbie Fowler to Al-Qadisiyah
- Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler is another European coach to join the Saudi Pro League. He has become the new manager of the second-tier Saudi Arabian club Al-Qadisiyah.
Nuno Espirito Santo to Al Ittihad
- Former Wolves manager Espirito was one of the first top-class European coaches to favour a management role in Saudi Arabia. He joined Al Ittihad in 2022 as manager.
Matthias Jaissle to Al Ahli
- Current Salzburg head coach Matthias Jaissel has been removed from his role within the club. The German side confirmed negotiations with Al-Ahli. Jaissel wants to make the move to the Saudi Arabian side.
Kylian Mbappe - PSG to Al Hilal
In a shock move by the Saudi Pro League, Al Hilal have submitted a world record €300 million transfer bid to PSG to lure the Fench superstar out of France and Europe and into the Saudi Pro League.
Al-Hilal's recording-breaking offer to Kylian Mbappe would mean the 24-year-old would earn €700m a year, €58.33m a month, €13.3m a week, €1.9m a day, €79,900 an hour, €1,332 a minute and €22 per second.
If Mbappe accepts Al Hilal's offer, he would be allowed to leave the Saudi Pro club and join Real Madrid for free next summer, in 2024.
However, according to multiple sources, Kylian Mbappe said he will not meet with representatives from Al Hilal to discuss a potential move to Saudi Arabia.
Victor Osimhen - Napoli to Al Hilal
As it is looking more and more likely that Kylian Mbappe will turn down Al Hilal's €13m a week contract, they have upped their pursuit in finding an alternative prolific goalscorer.
Al Hilal has made an offer worth €140m to Napoli for striker Victor Osimhen. The Saudi Arabia side is willing to offer Osimhen €1m a week if he accepts the move to the Saudi Pro League.
Willian - Fulham to Al Shabab
According to well-respected journalist Fabrizio Romano Willian and Al Shabab have agreed on personal terms for the Brazilian winger to join them this summer.
Although Willian just recently signed a contract extension with Fulham, the 34-year-old has already communicated to Fulham and Marco Silva about his intention to leave and begin a new chapter in Saudi.
Fulham have no intention to accept bids for Willian at this stage. Al Shabab are insisting after an agreement was made with the player but Fulham want Willian to stay.
Potential Saudi Transfers
- Victor Osimhen - Napoli to Al Hilal
- Aleksandar Mitrović - Fulham to Al Hilal
- Bernardo Silva - Manchester City to Al Hilal
- Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea - Al Hilal
- Luis Diaz - Liverpool to Al Hilal
- Divock Origi - AC Milan to Al-Ettifaq
- Sergio Ramos - PSG to Al-Ittihad
- Mo Salah - Liverpool to Al-Ittihad
- Paul Pogba - Juventus to Al-Ittihad
- Fabinho - Liverpool to Al-Ittihad
- Hakim Ziyech - Chelsea to Al Nassr
- Wilfried Zaha - Crystal Palace to Al Nassr
- Saul - Atletico Madrid to Al Nassr
Players Who Have Turned Down Saudi Arabia's Pro League
- Lionel Messi - PSG to Al Hilal
- Luka Modric - Real Madrid to Al Hilal
- Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea to Al Hilal
- Pedro - Flamengo to Al Hilal
- Jamie Vardy - Leicester City to Al Khaleej
- Son Heung-Min - Tottenham Hotspur to Al Ittihad Saudi Transfers
Managers Who Have Turned Down Saudi Arabia's Pro League
- Jose Mourhino - Roma to Al Ahli
Latest News In Saudi Pro League
Al Nassr, the Saudi team Cristiano Ronaldo plays for has been banned by Fifa from registering any new players following a Premier League transfer.
The nine-time Saudi Pro League champions became one of the very first clubs to sign a big name within the footballing world when they secured a deal for the former Manchester United forward last year.
However, Al Nassr will no longer be permitted to sign any new players as FIFA, the games governing body has banned the club side from registering new players.
This is a result of the Saudi side's failure to pay current championship side Leicester add-ons relating transfer deal for Nigerian forward Ahmed Musa back in 2016.