The Dubliner is part of Machester City's Champions League squad
Manchester City take on Victoria Plzen in their opening Champions League game tonight, and featuring in their Champions League squad is an Irishman by the name of Ian Lawlor. The Dubliner makes up 50% of Ireland's Champions League's representatives, but just who is this mysterious young goalkeeper?
1. Ian Lawlor played with St Malachy’s in Raheny as a schoolboy
2. Lawlor joined Home Farm at 11 and eventually made the move to England from the historic Dublin club like Richard Dunne and Ronnie Whelan before him.
3. The Dubliner was snapped up by Manchester City in 2010
4. The 6ft 4" goalkeeper has made six appearances for the Irish under 19 team
5. Shay Given is his hero, but he has a soft spot for Eddie Murphy
6. Last season Lawlor was a regular for City Elite Developments Squad during the NextGen Series
7. The 18-year old enjoyed a spell with the first-team on the 2012/13 pre-season tour of Austria, which is the focus of this short biographical piece on goalkeeper below.