• Home
  • /
  • GAA
  • /
  • Ireland Fail: More People Watched Mrs Brown's Boys Than The All-Ireland Final

Ireland Fail: More People Watched Mrs Brown's Boys Than The All-Ireland Final

Ireland Fail: More People Watched Mrs Brown's Boys Than The All-Ireland Final
By Donny Mahoney Updated
Share this article

Recommended

It turns out that 1.1 million people tuned in to RTE's coverage to the All-Ireland yesterday. That's a quarter of the population. 25%. One in every four Paddies. Apparently, this is a record. Our question: what the hell was the other 75% of Irish people doing yesterday afternoon? The weather was changeable and mostly crap. There was no other sport on, no Premiership, no rugby, nothing interesting in America or on the continent. I couldn't tell you what else was on the TV. Nazi documentaries on RTE1? Corrie omnibus on TV3? The most anticipated GAA match of the season and more people turned in to watch the following tripe: Eurovision Song Contest, Mrs Brown’s Boys and The Late Late Show. Ok, maybe 50% of that 75% who didn't tune in were women, and thus excused, but there's still another 1.5 million men who chose washing the car, playing golf or taking piano lessons over watching the match.

We don't deserve hurling.

Advertisement
Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now!

Share this article

Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com

Advertisement