• Home
  • /
  • GAA
  • /
  • Mayo Manager Finally Breaks Silence On Player Walkout Row

Mayo Manager Finally Breaks Silence On Player Walkout Row

Mayo Manager Finally Breaks Silence On Player Walkout Row
By Maurice Brosnan Updated

Mayo Ladies Gaelic Football manager Peter Leahy has released a statement on the player walkout controversy that recently hit the county.

Mayo overcame Cavan 3-23 to 4-13 in their hugely entertaining TG4 ladies SFC Group 4 game. That game came after a significant group of players had taken the decision to depart the senior panel earlier in the week. In a statement released by the group through the Women's GPA, it was said they had stepped away "for player welfare issues that are personal and sensitive to the players involved."

In the aftermath of that match, Leahy read out a prepared statement contesting the claim that all the players had left for the same reason.

Speaking to balls.ie earlier in the week, Cora Staunton had stated the number at 14: "At the moment, obviously, that's 14 people gone from the team and management."

Advertisement

Staunton had said that there will be further comment from the group after today's tie.

SEE ALSO: Cora Staunton: There's A 'Good Reason' Behind Mayo Player Walkout


Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now!

Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com

Advertisement