• Home
  • /
  • GAA
  • /
  • Moy Manager Required Hospital Treatment After Clash In Tyrone League Game

Moy Manager Required Hospital Treatment After Clash In Tyrone League Game

Moy Manager Required Hospital Treatment After Clash In Tyrone League Game
By Nathan Molloy
Share this article

The Tyrone CCC are set to investigate a clash at the end of a league game that left Moy manager Kevin Murray needing hospital treatment for a double fractured eye socket.

The incident occurred during Moy's game against Clonoe in a relegation play-off as he left the pitch after attending to an injured player, who himself had just been subjected to a very heavy tackle. It is understood that there were numerous times tensions boiled over especially heading into the final minutes of the game.

Moy player Ryan Coleman, who is a member of the Tyrone inter-county panel, also suffered a serious jaw injury that meant three plates were inserted into his face. The injury required a stay in hospital and is set to be ruled out for ten weeks.

Read More: Lee Keegan Claims Westport Title Win ‘Greatest Moment Of His Career’

The club released the following statement wishing their manager a full and speedy recovery

Best wishes to our senior team manager who sustained a nasty facial injury during the closing stages of today's game and required hospital treatment afterwards. We wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Key Player Out

The club now have to play in their relegation/promotion game against Pomeroy or Edendork without one of their best players.


The CCC will wait for referee Mickey Quinn's report to see if any action is required.



Alarming Trend

The incident is the latest in an alarming trend in GAA games. Just last month, an U9 player was allegedly grabbed by the neck in a blitz organised in Tipperary.

In Wexford, a referee was allegedly assaulted at the end of the game between St Joseph's and Our Lady's Island. Due to these assaults, Davy Fitzgerald has called on the GAA to make an example of those that assault referees.

A minor match between Westport and Castlebar Mitchels in Mayo had to be called off in September following an altercation between a player and a non-player.


In Roscommon, a referee was injured by an individual during a championship minor match and the game was abandoned as a result.

Harsh Bans

The GAA have proposed 96 week bans for the majority of the incidents mentioned which hopefully will discourage others from repeating such behaviour.

SEE ALSO: Luke Connolly Proud Of Nemo Rangers After Overcoming Doubters In Cork Senior Final 

Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now!

Share this article

Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com