The first major contest of the Connacht championship is upon us, as Roscommon prepare to enter Mayo territory to take on Connacht's high-flyers.
A league title has lifted the Mayo mood since March, with those dreams of finally landing the Holy Grail emerging once again. And yet, Roscommon will be arriving in Castlebar baying for Mayo blood.
McHale Park will be the venue for what is expected to be one of the tightest contests of the Championship so far. The excitement is expected to be building in Castlebar from early on Saturday afternoon as the Mayo faithful welcome their Roscommon counterparts for their side's first home championship game this summer.
People watching on television can tune into the build-up from 6pm on Sky Sports, via the red button.
Where to watch Mayo vs Roscommon?
The game will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Main Event. It will also be shown on Sky Sports Arena. Pre-match coverage begins at 6pm on Sky Sports Arena (via red button).
What time is throw-in for Mayo vs Roscommon?
The game throws-in at 7pm.
Roscommon haven't beaten Mayo at MacHale Park in Castlebar since 1986. Moreover, they haven't beaten their provincial rivals in either league or championship since 2001.
The sides met in January during the league, with Mayo emerging one-point victors in Castlebar on that occasion, before heading on to win the league title in March. Meanwhile, Roscommon were relegated to Division Two after finishing second-last in Division One.
The side's last meeting in the championship was the 2017 All-Ireland quarter-final replay in Croke Park. Back then, Mayo romped to a 22-point victory over their neighbours.
What is the Mayo team to play Roscommon?
- Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
- Chris Barrett - Belmullet
- Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
- Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
- Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
- Michael Plunkett - Ballintubber
- Lee Keegan - Westport
- Matthew Ruane - Breaffy
- Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
- Fergal Boland - Aghamore
- Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
- Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber (C)
- Evan Regan - Ballina Stephenites
- Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
- Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
What is the Roscommon team to play Mayo?
- Darren O’Malley - Michael Glaveys
- David Murray - Padraig Pearses
- Sean Mullooly - Strokestown
- Conor Daly - Padraig Pearses
- Niall Daly - Padraig Pearses
- Conor Hussey - Michael Glaveys
- Ronan Daly - Padraig Pearses
- Tadhg O’Rourke - Tulsk
- Shane Killoran - Elphin
- Hubert Darcy - Padraig Pearses
- Cathal Cregg - Western Gaels (C)
- Niall Kilroy - Fuerty
- Ultan Harney - Clann na nGael
- Conor Cox - Listowel Emmets
- Diarmuid Murtagh - St Faithleach's
Who is referee for Mayo vs Roscommon?
David Gough (Meath)