In anticipation of the FIFA 20's release, the news of player ratings has the gaming world buzzing.
Yesterday, EA released the ratings for the top 100 players in the game, with Barcelona's Lionel Messi arising as the cream of the crop. Slowly, more and more ratings started coming to the fore.
The League of Ireland player ratings usually occupy the lower echelons of the game. The league usually has a few silver players to add to a predominantly bronze cast.
In FIFA 20, three players are level at the top of the League of Ireland player ratings. Shamrock Rovers' Jack Byrne alongside Dundalk's Patrick Hoban and Michael Duffy are all 69-rated for the upcoming edition of the game.
Here are all the players in the top 10:
- Jack Byrne (Shamrock Rovers) 69
- Michael Duffy (Dundalk) 69
- Patrick Hoban (Dundalk) 69
- Patrick McEleney (Dundalk) 67
- Chris Shields (Dundalk) 67
- Andy Boyle (Dundalk) 66
- Sean Gannon (Dundalk) 66
- Graham Burke (Shamrock Rovers) 66
- Alan Mannus (Shamrock Rovers) 66
- Lee Grace (Shamrock Rovers) 65
Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers players dominate the top 10, much like in the League of Ireland itself. Both sides are runaway leaders atop the League of Ireland this season.
As for the other teams in the league, here are their highest-rated players:
- Bohemians - Keith Ward 64
- Cork City - Gearoid Morrissey/Karl Sheppard 64
- Derry City - Barry McNamee 63
- Finn Harps - Joshua Smith 60
- Sligo Rovers - Lewis Banks 62
- St Patrick's Athletic - Simon Madden 64
- UCD - Jack Keaney 58
These are the ratings that the players will be stuck with until January at the very least. However, in kick-off mode and other offline modes, their ratings will fluctuate depending on form.