Getting active is one of the best of caring for your mental health.
Furthermore, as we come out of periods of extended isolation and our lives become increasingly demanding, getting a dopamine hit from exercise can be tough to put into practice.
That's where FeelGood with Pieta comes into play!
FeelGood with Pieta
FeelGood with Pieta allows you to look after yourself AND raise vital funds to help others who need the aid of Pieta. You can choose to get involved with FeelGood with Pieta in three different ways:
- Distance Challenge - You can challenge yourself and your friends with a distance-based challenge. Every step you take could help to save the life of a young person at risk of suicide.
- Digital Relay Challenge - Join with colleagues or friends and see just how much you can achieve through FeelGood with Pieta together. Every person you invite will become part of a nationwide chain of support for those at risk of suicide and self-harm.
- Create Your Own Challenge - Through this, you can set your own goal. Every euro you raise will help provide FREE professional counselling to young people at risk of suicide.
The process is simple, just sign up, invite your nearest and dearest and get fundraising. Doing so will help raise vital funds to help Pieta provide FREE professional counselling to the rising number of young people struggling with their mental health.
In the first six months of this year, Pieta have discovered that:
- Demand for Pieta services for under 18’s has increased by over 40% since 2020
- Almost 1,500 clients under the age of in 2021 so far
- Almost 8,000 hours of therapy provided to under 18’s
- Almost a quarter of clients under 18 have attempted suicide
- 86% of under 18’s have experienced suicidal ideation
- Depression/Anxiety, low self-esteem, and loneliness were the most popular triggers for that age group
Pieta continues to rely on the public for 80 percent of its funding, with FeelGood being a crucial fundraiser for the charity. Every step taken, every kilometre travelled, and every euro raised will help to provide free lifesaving counselling for those most at risk of suicide.
Last year, over €140,000 was raised through FeelGood with Pieta. This year, Pieta's goal is to raise €300,000.
Here are FIVE reasons why you should get involved with FeelGood with Pieta:
- Keeping active and doing things that make you FeelGood are the simplest ways to protect your own mental health.
- Sharing fun activities is a powerful way of combatting isolation and giving each other the support we all need.
- By taking part in the Digital Relay or taking on a challenge of your own you will be sending a powerful message of hope to those who need it most.
- Every euro you raise will help to provide FREE lifesaving support to the rising number of young people who are turning to Pieta for support.
- Whatever activity you choose, you will FeelGood.
So what are you waiting for? Get active and get involved!
How to contact Pieta
To avail of Pieta services, which are free of charge, please visit www.pieta.ie for all centre contact details and our National Therapy Services phone line 0818 111 126.
Pieta provides 24/7 support – if you are suicidal, self-harming, or bereaved you can contact Pieta 24/7 via the Freephone crisis helpline on 1800 247 247, you can also text HELP to 51444 (standard message rates apply).