Day 1 of Cheltenham is in the books. It was a memorable day of racing that featured a famous win from Honeysuckle and four British winners, ensuring that the Prestbury Cup will not be fait accompli it was last year when Ireland won 23-5.
Many Cheltenham tips were offered. Some came good, some didn't. Here at the world famous Balls.ie Tipsters Table, we compile all the tips that are made in the print media.
Here are the top tipsters after Day 1 of the Cheltenham festival. The Irish Sun's tipsters were the most prolific of any publication covering the festival.
- Hayley Moore (Irish Sun) - 4 winners
- Eamon Hames (Irish Sun) - 4 winners
- Tom Pepper (Irish Sun) - 3 winners
- Wayne Bailey (Irish Independent) - 3 winners
- Formcast (Irish Daily Mail) - 3 winners
- Peter O'Hehir (Irish Daily Mirror) - 2 winners
- Brian O'Connor (Irish Times) - 2 winners
- Darren Norris (Irish Examiner) - 2 winners
- Spotlight (Racing Post) - 2 winners
- Lizzie Kelly (Irish Daily Mail) - 2 winners
- Matt Chapman (Irish Sun) - 2 winners
So onto Wednesday's races, which are certain to serve up more drama.
The racing begins with the Ballymore Novices Hurdle, which appears to be wide open. Stage Star and Journey With Me are two of the most popular selections to win the race.
The Queen Mother is the big race on the cards today at Cheltenham, and features one of the most popular bankers of the festival. Shishkin is an even-money favourite, and will renew his rivalry with Energumene. Nube Negra is a popular each-way shout.
We'll also see the return of the legendary Tiger Roll, who'll be seeking an incredible sixth Cheltenham win in the Cross Country Chase. The Gordon Elliott trained 12-year-old is an icon of this festival and will be a popular selection both with tipsters and punters. After his huge win last year, who would bet against him?