Since 2010, Balls.ie has been one of the most distinctive voices in the Irish sports media landscape and has been the launchpad for some of the best young talent in Irish media. Now, we are looking to unearth the next generation of talent. We are offering a paid, three month internship for one hungry person looking for a start in the business.
Specifically, we are seeking a meticulous, data driven, sports fanatic who is has a keen interest, not just in creating content, but also in how that content is consumed online.
We will provide training over the course of the internship which should leave the right candidate ready for a career in digital audience development and sports content marketing.
Role and Responsibilities will include:
- Helping to bring Balls.ie's existing content to new audiences
- Generating ideas for new content and growing our fanbase
- Seeding out content on Balls' social media channels
- Delivering reports around SEO and ad delivery
- Marketing research
- Writing and conceptualising bespoke content for sponsors
- Contributing to office discussions around sport and wider sports coverage concepts
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A huge interest in sport
- An excellent writing ability
- Fluency with all the social media media platforms, both current and emerging
- A preference of tea over coffee
Any graphic design, video editing or digital marketing experience is welcomed but not essential.
To apply, email [email protected] with:
- A cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and brief explanation of which aspect appeals to you most.
- Your three favourite sports personalities.
- A copy of your CV.