• Home
  • /
  • MMA
  • /
  • Conor McGregor In Police Custody After Media Day Rampage

Conor McGregor In Police Custody After Media Day Rampage

Conor McGregor In Police Custody After Media Day Rampage
Maurice Brosnan
By Maurice Brosnan
Share this article

Conor McGregor has been taken into custody at the 78th precinct, Brooklyn, New York after an alleged rampage at the UFC 223 press conference yesterday evening.

NBC New York has confirmed the Irish MMA personality faces several assault-related charges after videos circulated on social media of an attack in the loading area of the Brooklyn arena that saw trash cans, dollies and rails thrown at a bus containing several fighters expected to be involved on Saturday night.

After the incident, three different fights were canceled as a result. Michael Chiesa was injured because of broken glass and posted about his 'devastation' early this morning.


An NYPD confirmed to balls.ie that McGregor has been charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief.


Reports also suggest Ray Borg vs Brandon Moreno was also canceled after Borg suffered an eye injury as a result of glass shattering.

Speaking late last night, UFC president Dana White said McGregor and up to '30 friends' stormed the building.

They started to attack the buses, throwing trash cans and dollies and things like that. Broke one of the windows and cut Michael Chiesa really bad. He cut his head, he cut his face. Obviously, everybody's shaken up... this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened in the history of this company.

The UFC followed this up with a statement.

During today's media event at Barclays Center to promote UFC 223: Khabib vs. Holloway, Conor McGregor and Artem Lobov entered the building accompanied by over a dozen individuals.

The group, which included McGregor and Lobov, vandalized the vehicle that contained a number of athletes competing at the event taking place this weekend. NYPD was immediately alerted and is currently in the process of investigating the situation. UFC is working very closely with the New York Athletic Commission, Barclays Center security and law enforcement authorities. All parties are working together to ensure the highest standard of proper safety precautions are implemented to protect the fans and athletes.

The organization deems today's disruption completely unacceptable and is currently working on the consequences that will follow. Immediately, Lobov has been removed from this weekend's card and individuals involved in the incident are not welcome at tomorrow's ceremonial weigh-in or Saturday's event at Barclays Center.

SEE ALSO: Conor McGregor Gatecrashes UFC 223 Media Day In Brooklyn

Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are now subscribed!

Share this article

Copyright © 2024. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com