• Home
  • /
  • MMA
  • /
  • Conor McGregor Considering Going Full Rocky For Next UFC Fight

Conor McGregor Considering Going Full Rocky For Next UFC Fight

Conor McGregor Considering Going Full Rocky For Next UFC Fight
By PJ Browne

Speaking to BT Sport, Conor McGregor confirmed what was already said by his coach John Kavanagh and UFC president Dana White. The Dubliner is considering a fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov - in Russia - for his next UFC bout.

Earlier this week, McGregor said that he had already agreed to fight before the end of 2017. December 30th, currently pencilled in for UFC 219 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, was the date mentioned.

There is another option: taking on the number one lightweight contender in his own country.

With his fight against Floyd Mayweather, taking on an opponent from another sport, McGregor has already begun to emulate the plot of the Rocky film franchise. A fight against the undefeated Nurmagomedov would take that a step further.

That's certainly an option that I'm exploring. It would be like something out of Rocky. I suppose this whole story's like a Rocky story.

Why not face a man in his home country. You know what I mean, in a crazy place like Russia.

It's certainly something I'd like to do. There's a couple of options on the table. We'll see what unfolds.

Advertisement

Watch: ESPN Host Mike Wilbon Is Seriously Pissed Off With Conor McGregor

Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now!

Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com

Advertisement