MMA

Floyd Mayweather Rapidly Shuts Down Dana White UFC Talk

Floyd Mayweather Rapidly Shuts Down Dana White UFC Talk

"We're talking to Floyd about doing a UFC deal. It's real," Dana White told ESPN on Wednesday. The possibility of a Mayweather vs McGregor sequel even more farcical than the original appeared to be a troubling prospect.

The boxer has since denied the authenticity of that possibility.

Speaking to FightHype.com, Mayweather clarified comments which he had made last week.

"People said, ‘Floyd said, Oh, he’ll be fighting in the UFC for a billion dollars’ – that’s not what I said. What I said was this: I made a billion dollars. If I made a billion dollars before, I’ll do it again.

If I choose to get in the UFC and fight for the UFC, or fight three fights or four fights and then fight Conor McGregor, I could make a billion dollars, which I can. I could do it in three fights or even four fights. I could make a billion dollars."

Despite that possibly lucrative payday, Mayweather added it is not an avenue he will be taking.

If I choose to get in the octagon and fight – fight three fights, three or four fights, and then fight Conor McGregor in the octagon. We just don’t know what the future holds for Floyd Mayweather, and I don’t look forward to getting back in the boxing ring. That’s what I don’t look forward to doing.

So, I’m just saying, I could (make a billion in the UFC). I’m not doing it. But I’m saying, what I could do is make a billion dollars quick if I wanted to do that. That’s what I was saying.

Advertisement

McGregor has already responded to Mayweather.

Photo by Stephen McCarthy/Sportsfile

See Also: Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls On UFC To Strip Conor McGregor Of His Belt

PJ Browne
Article written by

You may also like