It's hard to know what to believe at this stage.
Not even a week after he claimed that he was retiring and the UFC then subsequently pulled him from the UFC 200 card, Conor McGregor says he will fight on July 9th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Nothing official has been announced. So there is the possibility that this is a negotiating tactic by McGregor.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 25, 2016
Last night, Dana White told ESPN's Brett Okamoto that should Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier both be fit, they would headline UFC 200 in a light heavyweight title unification fight.
McGregor's claim has been met with scepticism.
Multiple sources I have spoken with so far indicated nothing changed in regard to Conor’s exclusion from UFC 200. Nothing from his team yet.
— John Morgan (@JohnMorgan_MMA) April 25, 2016
This could be another leverage play by McGregor, perhaps forcing the UFC to comment on something it has already commented on. We’ll see.
— Marc Raimondi (@marcraimondi) April 25, 2016
Picture credit: Mark J. Rebilas / SPORTSFILE