The Winter Olympics, the 'You've Been Framed' of sporting events, is on a few days now, and we can see some people getting sucked into it, despite the fact that most people's interaction with the sports on show is rather minimal. The winter festival offers a plethora of spectacular looking GIFs. Here are the best of them.
1. A miraculous recovery here in the Skeleton. I'm not an expert on the marking criteria in the Skeleton so I'm not sure he would emerge with credit from this from the judges. In fact I doubt he would. They tend to admire boring text-book efficiency. But he should get points for this.
2. This young Czech athlete split her helmet open with this frightening fall.
3. An elegant pirouette and an inelegant by this.... man (I'm calling it).
4. Phenomenal stuff from a lady who needs no introduction, Julia Lipnitskaia, The 15 year old managed an astonishing 35 spins in 12 seconds. The consensus on the bits of the internet I've read was that this would be hard beat and so it proved. Gold is staying in Russia.
5. A Larry Duff style plummet here from this athlete.
6. No one saw this mistake, I'd say.
7. Arse over head
8. Kate Hansen of the USA Luge team does her stretches. She did hamstrings next but there's no GIF of that.