Struggling to work out how to watch the Olympics in Ireland on your Sky box? As Michael Jackson once said, you are not alone. But fear not, we're here to help.
It seems that Sky have announced that Red Button services are not available in the Republic of Ireland. Well here is a step-by-step guide on how to watch the Olympics by manually tuning the stations into your Sky box.
1. Go to the 'Options' tab on your Sky menu
2. Select 'Add Channels'
3. Manually tune in the 'Frequency'
BBC Olympic Channels 1, 2 and 3 have the following settings:
Frequency: 10 .744GHz. Polarisation: H. Modulation: DVB-S2, 8PSK Symbol rate: 23.0 MBaud. FEC 2/3
BBC Olympic Channels 4, 5 and 6 have the following settings:
Frequency: 10.729 GHz. Polarisation: H. Modulation: DVB-S2, 8PSK Symbol rate: 23.0 M Baud. FEC 2/3
4. Press the Yellow button to find the stations
5. Once you have put in the correct settings, you can find the newly tuned in stations by going to Services> Other Channels.
6. Failing that, (as it seems some are still having issues) Sky have a list of stations which can be manually tuned into your Sky box.
Now go forth and consume all the Olympic coverage you can stay awake for!