1. Rugby gloves were a thing.
2. Dublin private schools played soggy biscuit, schools from outside of Dublin shagged sheep.
3. Being a pillar in a ruck was a great way to keep busy.
4. Non-lifting lineouts were a complete lottery.
5. "Cup Nights" were the highlight of the school year.
6. When Setanta started showing the matches, try scorers suddenly saw themselves as national celebrities.
7. Creatine farts.
8. Flexing in the squad photo was absolutely essential.
9. Every team had a center with blonde tipped highlights.
10. Senior Cup tracksuits were the slickest thing on Earth.
11. The pre-match hype playlist.
12. Wearing your numbered cup jersey to a JCT game or as a past pupil so everybody knew you were on the team once.
13. "First hit lads! First hit!"
14. When a fight broke out, you stopped what you were doing and headed directly for it.
15. Choking on the smell of Deep Heat.
16. Every single word to the Any Given Sunday speech.
17. The warm-up lap of the pitch was a contest to see who could trip the most people up.
18. Shouting "Up! Up! Up! Up! Up!" after every kickoff.
19. Hill runs.
20. Every team had someone who took a scissors to their long sleeves.
21. O'Neills socks simply refusing to stay up.
22. "Lads, does anyone have tape?"
23. That one lad who always ran sideways and backwards.
24. The excruciating pain of the ball hitting the top of your finger.
25. That feeling in the pit of your stomach as you are being dump-tackled.
26. Utterly ridiculous line-out calls.
27.Knee, Hip, Shoulder. The CORRECT way to fall after being tackled.
28. Eagerly anticipating the away trip to that school that had a tuck-shop.
29. Spending countless hours practicing back-line moves that were never, EVER, used in a game.
30. The overwhelming smell of Lynx Africa.
31. The step up from using size 4 rugby balls to size 5.
32. A protein shaker meant you looked after your body and a Leinster trial was inevitable.
33. The pre-match huddle speech was 98% swearing.
34. The guy who showed up to training wearing every type of thermal that money could buy.
35. Having to hold the ball still for kicks and praying not to be kicked in the face.
36. The comments that came with wearing a pair of new boots to training.
37. Using a cone as a kicking tee.
38. So... Many... Offloads...
Photo credit: Sportsfile.