Here are five points which really put Ireland's win today into perspective...
1. New Zealand haven't been beaten in the Women's Rugby World Cup since 1991. The team who beat them that year, the USA, went on to win that year's World Cup.
2. Ireland have only been competing in international women's rugby since 1993, two years after New Zealand last tasted defeat in this competition. In Ireland's first ever international match, they were defeated 10-0 by Scotland.
3. Ireland's outhalf, Nora Stapleton, only took up rugby in 2009 at the age of 25. According to Chris McNulty in the Donegal News. While working for the Bank of Ireland, she went along to play tag rugby 'for a bit of craic.' The following year, she made her international debut.
4. It is the first time ever an Irish international team has beaten New Zealand at a 15-a-side game.
5. The Irish women now enjoy a 100% record against New Zealand. They are likely to take on Australia or France in the Rugby World Cup semi-final