• Home
  • /
  • Rugby
  • /
  • Jackson And Olding Release Statements Following Cancelling Of Their Contracts

Jackson And Olding Release Statements Following Cancelling Of Their Contracts

Jackson And Olding Release Statements Following Cancelling Of Their Contracts
By Gavin Cooney

Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding have released separate statements following the confirmation that their contracts with Ulster Rugby and the IRFU have been revoked with immediate effect.

In a statement released to the BBC, Olding stated his regret at the outcome of the decision, and said he will now seek new challenges elsewhere. He thanked all of those who supported him, and says he bears no ill will toward anyone.

It is with regret that that I have been informed that the IRFU have decided to revoke my contract. As I said outside court following my acquittal, I am and will always be fiercely proud of having played for my province and my country. I very much wished to continue to have the opportunity to represent them. Regrettably, influences outside of my contractual arrangement have made it impossible for that to happen.

I said outside the court that the Stuart Olding that you read about in the trial is not the real Stuart Olding. The treatment that I have received since my acquittal, both fair and unfair, has made me even more determined to prove myself.

With the support of my family and friends I shall seek new challenges elsewhere.

I bear no one any ill will. I am very sorry that this day has come to pass.

To those who have supported me throughout these last 20 months and especially the fans who continue to support me, I thank you all.

Speaking to Press Association, Jackson says he is disappointed by the decision and accepted that his behaviour fell short of what is expected of him.

I am deeply disappointed about the outcome of the IRFU and Ulster Rugby's internal review.

However, I recognise that my behaviour has fallen far short of the values expected of me as an international rugby player, a role model for the game of rugby and as a son and a brother. I am truly sorry.

Since I was a young boy it was my ambition to play for Ulster and Ireland and I am extremely proud, privileged and honoured to have done so. It is therefore with great sadness and regret but with many cherished memories that I leave that behind.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me throughout this process. I have taken great strength from that support. I'd also like to thank Ulster and Irish Rugby for the opportunities that they have provided for me and I wish them, and all my former team mates, every success.

My focus in the months and years ahead will be on rebuilding the trust placed in me by people throughout Ulster and Ireland.

Both players were found not guilty of all charges levelled against them earlier this month.

Advertisement
Join The Monday Club Have a tip or something brilliant you wanted to share on? We're looking for loyal Balls readers free-to-join members club where top tipsters can win prizes and Balls merchandise

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now!

Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved. Developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com

Advertisement