There's been a lot of talk in Balls HQ today about the 20 grand that Pat McDonagh has donated towards the Galway hurling team following Sunday's defeat for a holiday. The figure - twenty thousand euro - seems like an awful lot to spend on a holiday until you divide it by 25 and you realise it's only 800 quid per man and that's not including Cunningham, Cloonan, et al.
Anywho, we got lost down a far more thought-provoking cul de sac today. What if the lads said feck it to the holiday and instead reinvested all their money back into Supermacs, making one massive 20,000 euro order of Ireland's leading fast food? What kind of haul could they come up with?
Here's a rough outline-
- 687 Super Mac 5 oz burger meals (includes chips and a soft drink)
- 542 5 oz. Burger meals (includes chips and a soft drink)
- 526 Mighty Mac Burger Meals (includes chips and soft drinks)
- 225 Snack Boxes (includes chips and a soft drinks)
- 225 Lunch Boxes (includes chips and soft drinks)
We believe this will leave room for the addition of curry and cheese on chips where required.
10 days in Cancun or enough Supermacs to keep a hurling team alive on a desert island for at least a week?
We know what we'd choose.