Rangers, not long after their last hilarious PR disaster, have released another statement. This time blaming journalist who work in an area that is at "damning low it has to be investigated by the highest authorities with culprits facing jail sentences" and "desperately ill-informed bloggers".
You can read the whole Rangers statement on their website but here's some of our selection of lines that should NEVER appear in public statements from football clubs;
- However, because it has become clear Rangers cannot rely on basic honesty, decency or integrity from enough of the country’s media outlets we must speak for ourselves.
- Who on earth would pay out when faced with a spurious request for money?
- The thought process seems to be that if we have £22m from the recent IPO we should just pay up. Bizarre. Why should we?
- The money belongs to Rangers and we will not give it out to anyone who comes along with invented invoices.
- Rangers are no longer soft touches. We will not bow to or run from bullies and we will not be pressured into handing out even £1 if it is not merited.
Poor little Rangers.