Would you like to use your postgraduate degree in Sports Science or Performance Analysis and work in a company that earns millions in the Premier League without getting expenses, never mind a salary? Then you should apply to become a Reading unpaid intern.
Reading have advertised the 'intern' position on the UK Sport government site. They're not looking for just anybody to apply either. Here's the list of requirements
- Hold (or be in the process of completing) a postgraduate degree in performance analysis or Sports Science
- Have a performance analysis background, with some previous experience of working in Professional/Semi-Pro Football
- Be efficient in the use of both ProZone and SportsCode
- Have some knowledge and experience of video editing software (preferably Final Cut Pro)
- Hold a UK Driving License and have access to their own car
Sounds like they're looking for some fairly specific set of skills there. So maybe the hours and conditions are good?
This position is full-time and will require the successful applicant to work unsociable hours from July 2013 - May/June 2014. The post holder will be required to attend all First team home games and some away games
This role is unpaid and includes no travel expenses.
This seems like the right time to point out that in January, Reading bid £10 million for Tottenham's Gylfi Sigurdsson.