The people of Switzerland have voted in favour of introducing a cap on EU immigrants into the country without a second's thought for what a Switzerland football team without immigrants would look like.
20% of the 8 million people living in the country are immigrants and with the country's population currently growing at about 1% a year, right wing The People's Party say is unsustainable for their society.
That is something one could argue with but what can't be contested is that if the Swiss football team had no immigrants/sons of immigrants in it then they'd be in deep deep trouble. Here's what it would look like.
- Gökhan Inler (parents immigrated form Turkey)
- Blerim Dzemaili (born in Macedonia)
- Tranquillo Barnetta (parents immigrated from Italy)
- Granit Xhaka (parents immigrated from Kosovo)
- Xherdan Shaqiri (born in Yugoslavia)
- Diego Benaglio (parents immigrated from Italy)
- Haris Seferovic (parents immigrated from Bosnia)
- Pajtim Kasami (born in Macedonia)