If you think you can handle the glitz and glamour that goes along with working at Ireland's best sports site, and if you think you have the skills to be told you "haven't a clue" by Balls' esteemed social media following, we might have the gig for you.
Since 2010, Balls.ie has been one of the most distinctive voices in the Irish sports media landscape and has been the launchpad for some of the best young talent in Irish media.
Now, we are looking to unearth the next generation of talent. We are seeking an online journalist on a short term basis with the possibility of a permanent role, and a freelance presenter for our video and audio content. Specifically, we are looking for people who are opinionated, funny, ambitious and have a passion for all sports, culture, and digital media.
The Content Creator role and responsibilities include:
- Developing stories and interviews
- Operating Balls Media social media channels
- Covering live sport in a timely and original fashion
- Representing Balls Media at press events
- Helping to devise, produce, shoot and present innovative video content formats
- Turning original ideas into content across Balls Media's various platforms
- Writing and conceptualising bespoke content for sponsors
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent writing skills
- The ability to cover all sports - particularly football, rugby and GAA
- Fluency with all the social media platforms both current and emerging
- Knowledge and strong understanding of defamation law
- Great initiative and an abundance of ideas on a daily basis
- A keen interest in media
Other skills that are helpful but not essential:
- A background in presenting or appearing on camera
- Good photoshop skills
- A background in audio and/or video editing software
- Sales or digital marketing experience
- An understanding of SEO
If you are interested in the Content Creator job, please apply here with a copy of your CV, and a cover letter that includes links to previously published work.
If you are a freelance presenter who would be interesting in working with us on our video and audio output, please apply here, along with your showreel or examples of your presenting work.