Barcelona's completely bananas summer seems set to continue with reports that Bernardo Silva will join the club from Man City. Journalist Gerard Romero has today said a deal worth 'less than €80 million' has been agreed for the Portuguese playmaker.
Silva has been an integral part of Pep Guardiola's side since arriving from Monaco for around £40 million in 2017.
Since then, Silva has gone on to make over 250 appearances for the club, scoring 48 times. Bernardo started on the bench during City's opening Premier League game against West Ham.
🚨🚨| Chelsea are pushing to sign Aubameyang, while Tottenham & Juventus are in the race to sign Memphis Depay.@gerardromero [🎖️]
— Managing Barça (@ManagingBarca) August 9, 2022
Speaking at the weekend, Pep Guardiola insisted that he didn't want to see Bernardo Silva leave the club and that he remained part of his plans.
"I would love for Bernardo to continue, but… I don't know what will happen. Players sometimes have a desire and I'm not a person to stop a person's desire.
"I want Bernardo to stay here, 100%. We will see what happens."
What does Bernardo Silva's move mean for others?
Frenkie De Jong has been heavily linked with a move away from the Camp Nou all summer and it looked like he was destined for a move to Manchester United.
In the past week, it's Chelsea who have emerged as front runners to sign the Dutch international and with Bernardo Silva moving to Barcelona, and the club desperate to decrease their wage bill, this could see De Jong move to Stamford Bridge.
After making a number of signings this summer, Barcelona remain unable to register the likes of Andreas Christensen, Jules Kounde, Frank Kessie, Robert Lewandowski and more due to their huge wage bill and La Liga have said that unless they decrease their bill, these players won't be available to play.
With this, it's expected that De Jong will finally be able to leave and join Chelsea, it's also reported by Romero that Marcos Alonso could be going in the other direction and signing for Barcelona.