Imagine this: it's your first night out after normality has returned and you find yourself in a packed club soaked in pub juices.
The music fades and the chorus of "one more tune" belts out around the venue. The DJ will oblige, but only if everyone sings along. Friends, what song would you choose for that very moment?
Here at The Rewind, we are tasking the people of Ireland to vote for the nation's favourite singalong song.
Over the course of the next week or so, we'll be running through a long list of nominees that you can vote on, before whittling it down to a last 16 bracket which will begin on Monday. The competition will be halved everyday next week until an overall winner is crowned on Friday, with the title of Ireland's Greatest Singalong Song bestowed upon them.
The rules are simple: the artist of the song must be Irish and artist can only have ONE song in the last 16.
Remember, we aren't looking for the BEST Irish song ever, or else we'd be here until the next pandemic. For this public vote, we're looking for the one song that you want to scream from the top of your lungs whilst your interlocked with your friends.
The Longlist (So Far)
We will be narrowing down the nominees to a final 16 before we conduct a seeded draw to get our first round match-ups. You can vote for the songs below or for songs that have escaped us in the box below. Voting will run until 12pm on Friday February 26, with the round of 16 entrants announced that afternoon.
Here are the songs that we have so far:
- Aslan - Crazy World
- U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name
- Aslan - This Is
- Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town
- The Cranberries - Linger
- Mic Christopher - Heyday
- The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved
- Samantha Mumba - Gotta Tell You
- The Saw Doctors - N17
- The Hothouse Flowers - Don't Go
- A House - Here Come The Good Times
- Westlife - When You're Looking Like That
- B*Witched - C'Est La Vie
- The Corrs - Breathless
- Damien Dempsey - It's All Good
- The Saw Doctors - I Useta Lover
- Johnny Logan - Hold Me Now
- The Blizzards - Trust Me I'm A Doctor
- Damien Rice - Cannonball
- The Frank and Walters - After All
- The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
- Paul Harrington and Charlie McGettigan - Rock n Roll Kids
- The Pogues + The Dubliners - The Irish Rover
- Chris DeBurgh - Lady In Red
- Ronan Keating - Life Is A Rollercoaster
- Joe Dolan - You're Such A Good Looking Woman
- Mickey Joe Harte - We've Got The World Tonight
- Amhran na bhFiann
- The Republic of Ireland 1990 World Cup Squad - Put 'Em Under Pressure
- The Waterboys - Whole Of The Moon
- Sultans of Ping FC - Where's Me Jumper?
- Kodaline - High Hopes
- Boyzone - Picture of You
- The Cranberries - Zombie
- Six - There's A Whole Lot Of Lovin' Going On
- Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
- Bell x1 - The Great Defector
- The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
- Johnny Kelly - Black Velvet Band
- Christy Moore - Joxer Goes To Stuttgart
- Paddy Reilly - The Fields Of Athenry
- The Coronas - San Diego Song
- Sharon Shannon ft. Mundy - Galway Girl
- Republic of Loose - The Steady Song
- Mark McCabe - Maniac 2000
- Paddy Casey - Saints and Sinners
- The Thrills - Big Sur
- The Stunning - Brewing Up A Storm
- The Dubliners - Whiskey In The Jar
- Bagatelle - Summer In Dublin